The Songs I Like Right Now

9.11.17





I've not shared songs that I've been listening to for a while so heres a post with some songs I like in it. Normally i'd care about when the song has been released as I only like to include songs that have been released this month but as I'm a late comer to one or two of the songs this post I just decided to chuck everything and anything in. 

Bastille - World Gone Mad 
When one of my favourite bands ever release new music its just like christmas. I sort of had a feeling Bastille had done a song for the film Bright that comes to Netflix next month. The build up in this song is just perfect and I like how it gradually becomes a bit more cinematic towards the end of the song. The acoustic guitar at the start is something that made me pretty happy as I'm pretty sure its the first time Bastille have started a song with just an acoustic guitar. I also dread to think how many more times i'll be listening to this because its amazing. 

YONAKA - Bubblegum 
I have listened to YONAKA a few times but I didn't really think that they were for me until they released the Heavy E.P last month. Bubblegum is the first track on the E.P that you hear and well it kinda blows your brains apart with how big the song is. I mean the rest of the E.P is absolutely huge and I can't wait to hear more music from YONAKA soon. Bubblegum is my favourite song that the band have released as its loud , a bit manic and is just great in general.

N.E.R.D - Lemon (Featuring Rihanna)
This was the last song I was expecting myself to really like because I've never really listened to N.E.R.D other than the one time I saw Pharrell play a festival in 2014. I never knew I needed a song with Rihanna rapping but clearly I did because her rapping is great and she needs to release a full song with her rapping by herself on it. I'm probably not cool enough to be listening to this song but eh I don't care because its a cool song.

Niall Horan - On The Loose 
Niall recently released his rather anticipated debut album and I wasn't sure if i'd like his album or his music at all because I was never a huge fan of 1D at all but I can get onboard with the solo stuff for sure. On The Loose is the opening track to Niall's album "Flicker" and is probably one of the more up beat songs on the album and I think thats why I like this song so much compared to any other song he'd released before his debut album. 

Waterparks - Blonde 
I thought I'd gotten past the pop punk phase but clearly I hadn't because Waterparks announced that they are releasing a new album next year and also released the first single from the album. It's very catchy and i've listened to this song a lot since it came out but thats because its so good. I feel like I mentioned them in a post before a while ago but I can't remember. If your a fan of songs that make you want to bounce around then give this a listen if you haven't already.

Busted - Without It 
Busted released their latest album last year and tortious over here only listened to the album a few weeks ago. If you like things that sound like the 80s then thats exactly what Busted's album sounds like. I wasn't a fan of the new stuff at all because it just wasn't old Busted. Without It is a love song about heartbreak that literally screams the 80s with all the synths and just everything about it. Its a big song that you can imagine being used in a film or something. 

To Kill A King - The Unspeakable Crimes of Peter Popoff 
To Kill A King have been a band I've liked for a very long time now so I am a very happy person whenever they release something new. They have a new album out in January so I cannot wait to hear that. It might be a heavyish sounding song with some big riffs and stuff but his song is dark and about a man that basically conned people into believing he could cure them by summoning god. 

Dan The Man - Flowerpot Men
Dan is the drummer from The Wombats who also happens to release his own music under the name Dan The Man. I'd been meaning to listen to his music since the summer when he released his 2nd album "Circadian Circus" back in August this year. Flowerpot Men reminds me of Bill and Ben and the crappy theme park on the island that is Blackgang Chine. There is something about that song that instantly reminds me of being in a children's book thats dark and messed up. 

Fickle Friends - Hard To Be Myself 
Another helping of pop goodness has been served by Fickle Friends again. If this song doesn't make you feel like you want to dance around like an idiot then I think your listening to the wrong song. Hard to be myself is about being socially awkward in social situations which is basically me in a song. Its a song that makes the colder months still feel like summer. I also want to throw a party and have this song constantly on repeat the whole time. 

Rudimental , James Arthur - Sun Comes Up
I don't really like James Arthur that much but the combination of him and Rudimental just works so well. It's that perfect summer pop song that once again Rudimental have created. Rudimental always create good songs that are perfect for the summer and I don't really know why its taken me this long to give it a proper listen and to actually give it a chance just because James Arthur is on the song. Its incredibly catchy too and I really like songs that are catchy. 

Anteros - Bonnie 
If you like Fickle Friends then you'll probably like these too. Bonnie is the latest release from Anteros who haven't released anything for some time now so its nice to hear something new from them. Its very pop and for some reason that makes me very happy. Anteros are another band that I've probably mentioned before on here but I really like them and I think they are great. Bonnie is the sort of song that would be great live because of how much energy goes into this song. 

Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes 
Billie is only 15 and is creating the most incredible music at such a young age already. She released her debut E.P back in August and its the most beautiful piece of music I've ever heard. Ocean Eyes sounds almost magical , combined with Billies light and airy voice its a match made in heaven. I can't wait to see what the future holds for Billie as her music is incredible. 

I really enjoyed writing this post and it really reminded me of how much I like writing about music. I've been massively confused with what I want to write about for a long time and I thought that stopping writing about music for a bit would work and believe it or not but it's worked wonders. You can expect a few more music posts to make an appearance at some point along with a post about a gig coming soon. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe