2018 Will Sound Like ...

2.12.17


I've discovered some new bands and artists this year that I think are ones to watch in 2018. I've come up with a list of different bands and artists that I think are worth checking out and who to keep an eye on in the new year. From pop to rock , theres a bit of everything for everyone to listen to in this post. I've done one of these posts every year now and I'm  always pretty excited writing these posts because I love sharing fresh talent on my blog. In no particular order here are the names that I think are going to do have a great 2018.

YONAKA 
Hailing from Brighton , YONAKA are possibly one of the most exciting bands around at the moment. They released their debut E.P this year after signing to Asylum Records. Their mix of rock that makes you want to head bang with hip hop beats and elements of metal thrown into the mix creates this explosive sound that will have you hooked. I think I may have mentioned these on here once but their E.P "Heavy" has been on repeat because every single song is so different , yet equally just as good. Song worth checking out - Bubblegum.

Billie Eilish
At just the age of 15 , Billie has already established her own unique and cool sound which is an airy and fresh take on electro pop. Billie grew up in a home in Los Angeles where the majority of her family are either actors or musicians. Billie broke through with her track ocean eyes which has had over 23 million plays on spotify. She has also been named as one of VEVO DSCVRS ones to watch for 2018 too. Billie began writing her own songs at the age of just 11 years old and also now writes with her brother who is also a musician and plays in a band. Song worth checking out - Bellyache .

Emma Blackery
Emma is one of my favourite people ever. Her E.P "Magnetised" is some of her best music yet and I cannot wait to see where it takes her next. Emma is most commonly known for her YouTube channel and has millions of subscribers. Emma is a very likeable person and I think thats why I love her music so much. Over the years its improved and developed into a more mature sound since the release of the Magnetised E.P. This year saw Emma featured in the Apple keynote conference where her E.P cover was featured. Emma pretty much went viral over night and had a proper crazy few weeks after. Her sound has gone from punk pop to purely pop and I think it sounds pretty cool. Song to listen to -  Nothing Without You

Sigrid
After her song "Don't Kill My Vibe' blew up this year , Sigrid is set for an even bigger 2018. Sigrid is from Norway and has followed the footsteps of her two older siblings who both work in the music industry in bands or by being classically trained. The 20 year old signed a pretty huge record deal with Island and has released an E.P and I'm guessing we can expect an album thats bursting with pop goodness in 2018. She's another one that has been added to the BBC Sound Of 2018 long list too. Song worth checking out - Strangers.

Bad Sounds
Other than creating one of my favourite songs of the year , Bad Sounds have already got a big 2018 in store. I feel like I've spent half of this year talking about how great Bad Sounds are and I think they might become one of my favourite bands at this rate. The band consists of Callum and Ewan who are both brothers and the rest of their band consists of Olivia on the drums , Sam on bass and Charlie on guitar. There is just something about their blend of hip hop  , funk and pop that is just so refreshing and cool to hear. Especially in an time where all music sounds the same , Bad Sounds are being original and unique when it comes to their sound. Song worth checking out - Living Alone.

Pale Waves
Often compared to The 1975 , Pale Waves have also released just only 3 songs and seem to have a lot of people listening to their music already. Fronted by Heather Baron - Gracie , Pale Waves have already made a name for themselves and they haven't even released an E.P yet ! This year saw Pale Waves sign to Dirty Hit which is the label that the likes of The 1975 and Wolf Alice are signed to. Influenced by 80s bands such as The Cure , Pale Waves really bring their own version of dark 80s inspired pop. Song worth checking out - Television Romance

Rex Orange County 
From the outside of London , Rex has caused quite the stir already in the world of music. He has also been long listed on this years BBC Sound of 2018. His sound reminds me of orange juice being squeezed as its smooth and a bit refreshing. Its very cool and you can see why his music has caused such the buzz in the music world at the moment. I absolutely love the song Sunflower as it just reminds of something you'd possibly hear in the 70s or early 80s. He has also collaborated with Tyler the Creator and has also performed with Skepta. A song worth listening to - Loving Is Easy.

Stereo Honey
This is a band that I've heard a lot about but I've actually never listened to them until recently and why didn't I listen to them sooner ?! The four piece from London have only released a few songs and an E.P but are set for great things in 2018. They write sad songs that have a real haunting feel about them , especially with singer Pete , who has the most incredible voice I've ever heard. Angel and The Bay are both songs that have a really dark feel to them but are both excellent songs. Song worth checking out - The Bay

Who knows what any of these bands and artists have in store for us next year ! You'll probably be seeing a lot of these names floating around the internet for a while and I'm so excited to see what they bring to 2018 , wether it be albums or just brand new songs for us all to listen to. 

SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe