The Addams Family Musical

31.7.17


In 2010 a broadway production of The Addams Family was brought to the big apple for its premiere. Around this time I found out about the musical and was desperate to go and see it but it was all the way in New York and was going to be pretty impossible to get to considering I live in the UK. Skip forward to last year and they announced the cast of the UK tour of The Addams Family and I'm receiving tickets as a christmas present. 

The Cast is made of some rather familiar faces that have been in some pretty cool TV shows and incredible West End productions. Carrie Hope Fletcher plays Wednesday Addams , who the storyline is based around. 18 year old Wednesday falls in love with a not so spooky boy called Lucas , played by Oliver Ormson. Wednesday keeps it a secret from her family except her father , Gomez who is played by Cameron Blakely. 

So on arrival into the theatre  your greeted with the gates to the Addams Family mansion and I loved the detail that was put into the set. There was moss on the A on the middle of the Addams family gate and the rest of the stage had the roof and two windows at either side of the stage which was pretty cool. 

The show is centred around Wednesday growing up and falling in love for the first time. She only tells Gomez and keeps it a secret from her mother , Mortica who is played by ex eastenders actress Samantha Womack. The parents of Lucas meet the kooky Addams family for the first time at a dinner where everything goes a bit crazy , sending the night into chaos.

 Les Dennis played Fester who was the also a narrator. Les Dennis was actually pretty great and it really felt like the role of Fester was made for him. Also a big mention has to go to Lurch because even though he just grunted , he managed to make the entire theatre howl with laughter. 


Stand out numbers for me had to be Pulled which was sung by Carrie. I've heard her sing this on a few occasions on YouTube videos but to actually hear her sing pulled in person actually made me tear up. Her voice is absolutely incredible and she's ridiculously talented. Another stand out for me had to be Crazier Than You which is sung by Oliver and Carrie. The chemistry between the both of their characters was just so believable and especially during this song as well it was just there. 

I absolutely loved the show and I'm pretty sure at the end when the cast did there bows I think Carrie looked at me as I was sat in the front row , which of course I nearly cried again because I am such a huge fan of Carrie.I can't believe I finally got to see The Addams Family musical ! It's on tour until November this year and you still have enough time to see the show if your thinking about going as it's coming to lots of other places around the UK. 


Speak soon , 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe