100 Songs From The Past

11.4.17


I love a lot of older music. I think that comes from the fact that I was raised in a house where my grandad would often play songs that were from when he was a teenager growing up. As I got older I discovered a lot more bands from the 80s and early 90s which has really made me develop a love for music from the past. This is going to be like a throwback post I suppose but only with lots and lots of great songs from the 60s , 70's , 80's and maybe a tiny bit of the 90's. None of these are placed in order as per usual but here are a bunch of cool songs from the past.

1. Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence 
2. The Cure - Inbetween Days
3. The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again
4. Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms 
5. The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog 
6. Motorhead - Stay Clean 
7. Toto - Africa 
8. Michael Sembello - Maniac 
9. Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me 
10. David Bowie - Life On Mars?
11. Fleetwood Mac - Sisters Of The Moon
12. Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover 
13. Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac - Albatross
14. DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night 
15. Katrina and The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
16. Earth , Wind & Fire - Let's Groove 
17. Eagles - Hotel California 
18. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive 
19. Pulp - Disco 2000
20. Black Sabbath - Children Of The Grave 
21. Frank Sinatra - My Way 
22. George Michael - Careless Whisper 
23. Sister Sledge - We Are family 
24. The Cure - Close To Me 
25. Blondie - Heart Of Glass 
26. The Blue Nile - Tinseltown In The Rain 
27. Crowded House - Don't Dream Its Over 
28. Booker T. & The M.G's - Green Onions 
29. The Who - Substitute 
30. Spandau Ballet - Gold 
31. T.Rex - 21st Century Boy 
32. The Kinks - Victoria 
33. The Beatles - Help 
34. ABC - The Look Of Love 
35. Diana Ross - Upside Down 
36. Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music 
37. Dolly Parton - Jolene 
38. Patti LaBelle - Lady Marmalade 
39. Patti Smith - Because The Night 
40. The Who - Baba O Riley 
41. The Archie's  Sugar , Sugar 
42. Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - Working My Way Back To You 
43. The Doors - Love Her Madly 
44. Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl 
45. Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life 
46. The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' 
47. The Kinks - Lola 
48. James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
49. The Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law 
50. Dionne Warwick - Walk on By
51. The Temptations - Get Ready 
52. The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back 
53. Deep Purple - Hush 
54. TLC - No Scrubs 
55. Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire 
56. Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen 
57. The Jam - Town Called Malice 
58. Madness - House Of Fun 
59. New Radicals - You Get What You Give 
60. The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A 
61. Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out 
62. Nirvana - Polly
63. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony 
64. New Order - Blue Monday
65. Iggy Pop - Lust For Life 
66. Blur - Song 2 
67. Joy Divison - Disorder 
68. City High - What Would You Do ? 
69. The Animals - House Of The Rising Sun 
70. Fugees - Ready or Not 
71. Run Dmc , Jason Nevins - Its Like That 
72. Queen - Radio GaGa 
73. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again 
74. Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen 
75. George Michael , Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
76. Blondie - Hanging on the Telephone 
77. Radiohead - Talk Show Host 
78. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of A Heart
79. Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
80. Metallica - Master Of Puppets 
81. Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
82. The Godfathers - Love Is Dead
83. Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love With Someone (You Shouldn't've)
84. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train 
85. T.Rex - Children Of The Revolution 
86. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)
87. AC/DC - Thunderstruck 
88. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man 
89. Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round ( Like A Record)
90. Queen , David Bowie - Under Pressure 
91. Happy Mondays - Step On 
92. The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset 
93. Pink Floyd - Money 
94. Elton John - I'm Still Standing 
95. Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies 
96. The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup 
97. Spandau Ballet - Gold 
98. The Ronettes - Be My Baby 
99.The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love 
100. Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze 

Speak soon , 

SaveSave

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love so many of the songs on this list! It's so nice to see someone who loves older music - I got pretty excited when I saw Joy Division and the Smiths on your list!!

    Olivia xx

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe