Harry Potter - Amortentia Hot Chocolate

25.1.17


Unicorn hot chocolates have become a rather popular trend recently and of course after seeing one i wanted to have a go at making one myself. I decided to something a bit different even though i love unicorns as much as the small child from despicable me does i wanted to do something Harry Potter related because i love the wizarding world a lot. I decided to brew up Amortentia also known as the most dangerous love potion there is in the wizarding world. Don't tell the ministry of magic though i don't fancy getting expelled from Hogwarts ! 

To make amoretentia you will need : 
The purest and smoothest milk extracted from unicorns tears
White chocolate which can be found from your nearest Honeydukes
A quarter of a teaspoon of vanilla thats often found in butterbeer 
Cream thats lighter than a feather from a hippogriff  
The droppings of a PygmPuff (marshmallows)
Mother of Pearl Sheen (edible glitter or anything else you want add ontop)

Now you could do this the proper way by making your hot chocolate in the pan but if you want to keep things simple then i made mine all by microwave. I found this way a lot easier and quicker than putting it over the hob. I also used milky bar chocolate buttons which kinda left a yellowy colour to the top so definitely use baking chocolate. But i guess it looks like butterbeer so i guess it sort of works. 

1. Pour milk into the mug you are going to be using so that you know how much milk to use and then put into a bowl. 
2. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute then stir 
3. Add chocolate to milk and put the milk with the chocolate back into the microwave for 30 seconds and make sure the chocolate is all melted.
4. Add between 5-10 drops of food colouring and stir until the perfect colour.
5. You might want to pop the bowl into the microwave again for another few seconds so its nice and warm.
6. Add everything on top of your hot chocolate and you are done ! 


It was pretty sickly , i mean i did shove marshmallows pretty much everywhere. I got carried away ok i just love decorating things. Also how cute does this look i mean it does look more unicorn than love potion but it still looks cute either way. Though just be careful who you give amortentia to , you don't want someone to become obsessed with you and then have to make the reverse potion ! Overall this was really easy to do and it just adds a spin to white hot chocolate. I actually really enjoyed writing and making this post i think i might have to do more Harry Potter inspired content as i really enjoy and love all things Harry Potter. 
Speak soon , 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh my gosh this is perfect! I am a huge Harry Potter fan too and this is such a good idea! I'm definitely going to do this on Valentine's Day! Thanks so much :D btw what house are you in? I'm in Ravenclaw!

    Lizzie Bee // hello lizzie bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats ok i hasn't really seen anything harry potter hot chocolate related so i gave it ago and I'm pleased you liked it ! I'm in Hufflepuff.

      Delete
  2. That sounds heavenly! Nice to see a HP hot chocolate :) #puffpride xo

    www.studentpaperie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much. Especially the ingredient list. The Potter head me is jumping in delight. I will definitely try this out. LOVED this post. ❤️


    Tanya
    scribledreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious, what a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely doing this! I felt like I was reading from an old wizard cookbook, I loved that!

    Tasha x

    https://itsatashathing.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/itsatashathing-givaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe